Sunday, March 10, 2013

March 5th, 2013

Another "typedintotheipadandforgotten" blog, dated March 5th, 2013.

I have three beautiful kids. Antonio just turned six. Marcos is about to turn five. Delilah just turned one.

I am sitting in the hospital with Antonio right now, furiously typing away while he sleeps. If i dont type, I cry.Thank God for a silent keypad. Anyhoo. We called 911 at 6:45 this morning, because he had his 7th febrile seizure. He hasn't had one for about a year, but I knew it was coming. Basically, he gets a high fever, and can seize at anytime. His temperature came in at 101 ... and not even ten minutes later, it was at 103.8. It's scary, but we were told he'll grow out of them. It doesn't look like that's the case. They are referring him to a pediatric neurologist to see if he actually has epilepsy.



Yesterday, my daughter Delilah had her 12m shots and we read some results from her X-rays & scans. See, her spine ends prematurely, and her spinal cord is tethered into it. Yesterday, they found a little mass at the end of her spine, which is definitely contributing to her "signature crawl" and the way she leans when she sits. They need to do a few more tests to check the severity of it, and monitor it a bit before we decide what to do. She has weekly OT and was just referred to PT.

Marcos has Autism, and just had a drastic cut in ABA therapy hours, and is not doing so hot with the change. His behaviors have increased, and changed to include some self injurious stuff. He melts down for the smallest things now, and his tantrums are much more severe.

I love my kids, don't get me wrong. I just wonder sometimes why they are going through all this hell. All of them. It's not something I talk about a lot, because people tend to get all emotional and think I am dragging them to some weird pity-party. I'm not. I don't want you to feel sorry for me. I want to know why my kids all have some uncommon issues to deal with. I want to help them. I want to talk to other moms like me, and have friends that understand that I don't go to parties or clubs. I sit down at night and veg. Or make "materials" for my kids therapies. Or type "future-blogs" into this notepad ... And forget about them when I actually have a chance to blog them.

I feel bad for my kids. Like, maybe my own health issues caused this stuff ... Who knows. All I know is, I am tired. And living off of coffee and zombie-brains. Where is my mascara? I should put some on to hide these dark circles...

No comments:

Post a Comment