Sunday, January 20, 2013

Red Stamp: App Review

     So, how many times have you meant to send out those thank you cards? Or just plain forgot them in the hustle-bustle of everyday life? Or had the fact that you need to actually purchase cards escape to the bottom of some long-lost to-do list? How many times have you said "I'll send that out tomorrow," only to never actually get it sent out? Do you own something with an Apple branded on it? Keep reading, I have an awesome app for you!

     I can't even tell you how many times I have had this happen. I was app-searching for photo stuff (yeah, I Instagram entirely too much) and stumbled upon RedStamp. You can find it in the AppStore here. I was a bit skeptical at first, after reading some not-so-lovely reviews online. I decided to give it a shot anyway. It's free, what could it hurt? Omg, I love this one! I can make little personalized "thank you"cards, and more. Let me show you some screen-shots of what I did in the first hour of actually having the app:



     They have thank you cards, congratulations cards, announcement cards, seasonal cards ... It's pretty awesome, to be honest. On each and every model card, you can select (pre-set) customization options.  There are even preset messages if you just don't know what to write. There are a lot with spaces for photos, but some do not need photos. I could definitely see this as coming in handy after the kids' birthdays ("Hey Grandma, the shoes you bought me fit perfectly!") but the options are endless! I would like if they let us have more control over the color schemes and whatnot, but this is STILL an awesome app.


     I love that I can send these out through instagram, facebook, email, twitter, text messages and even snail mail! Yes, you read that right, SNAIL MAIL! Even though the app is free, you can have them send a hardcopy of your cute little creation for two bucks. Two little bucks, and your beauty is signed, sealed and delivered. Love!



What was your favorite thing about this? The fact that I can snail-mail them to people & all the cute layouts.
What would you change about this? I'd like to have more control of colors and set up. Maybe a create your own feature using the icons and fonts?    
Out of ten stars, what do you rate this? I'd say about a 9. It's awesome, and has great features. I would be willing to pay for more features though, but as is, it's still pretty high on the free-app scale.
Will you continue to use this? Most definitely.
Do you recommend this to others? Yes, I linked a few people to it already!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment