Monday, August 26, 2013

Kidviews 001

     This is Antonio's very first book review on my blog. He saw me typing up the Scarlett entry, and we discussed what cool things he could do here. Well, we came up with a kids' book review! He named it Kidviews (because the series "is like a view from a kid, but a book review") and even picked his first book and weekly posting day. Check him out doing his first official post:



     He wanted me to include that this is for you parents to read "to make sure the books are cool enough to get for your kids!" The following format (questions included) will remain the same for each book, but the answers will ALWAYS be filled in by Antonio, with no editing help from me whatsoever. Look for these every Monday evening! I hope you can find your kids some great new books, or even library checkouts!

by Jonathan London



Where did you get this book from? 
from grandma for valintines day

Who is the main character?
Froggy. a frog that goes to school. i think he is a little frog, but not a tadpole.

What is your favorite part of the story?
when frogelina kissd froggy on the cheek because he said blaaaaaah! like in a comic book.

Did you learn anything from this book?
that froggys moms kisses are better because theywere CANDY kisses, not girlfriend ones.

Do you think other kids would like this book?
yeah,but i want to keep it so you can't give it away!

What's one thing you want to tell your readers?
thankyou for helping me typebetterand tell you cool books for your kids.

---------         ---------         ---------         ---------         ---------
All books chosen by Antonio. He types his own answers.
Please don't nitpick his grammar or spelling - he's six.
He is also super excited for comments. *hint*

20 comments:

  1. Wooop! Way to go Tony Bologna. I love your review and will make sure to check out this book at the library for Jaiden. I am sure he will love it as much as you do. Thanks for helping me find such a cool book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. Antonio's asnwers are way cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. o my gosh those are the cutest answers to questions. I think I'm going to get this book for Jada! She loves to read (even though she really can't yet) and she loves frogs so this is perfect for her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. His answers are SO cute. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please don't give away Antonio's froggy book...lol. He looks like he's got a new best friend in the form of a book. good for him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a GREAT first book review.... Very cute!! I need to check on this book for my Grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay what an amazing book review thank you so much Antonio :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love hearing what kids have to say! Looks like a cute book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! My 4 year old daugther adores Froggy books (Don't worry she has her own copies and won't take yours!). We read them together quite often actually! I can't wait to read your next review :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. BTW I decided to make you my FB Share for the day! I hope it sends in some people to check out your reviews!! Just check out SouthernMessMoms on Facebook (or well have mom do it)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute! I love the way you set up the review. It is really great to have your kids help you out on your blog. It is also really helpful for parents or grandparents when it comes to knowing what is appealing for the younger children. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Antonio, for sharing your views on the book. And I think you did a great job. This is what we parents need to help us find some fun books for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm lucky because my kids love to read. I wasn't much of a reader when I was young but I think I have more than caught up for it. My oldest has so many books in her room and she refuses to try and ereader.
    www.amomspointofview.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job, Antonio. I love the fact that he enjoyed the book so much that he doesn't want to give it away. It is magical when children fall in love with literature.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved this review and I know it will be helpful for moms and dads to pick out books for their kids. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ahhhh, too cute! Great review Antonio

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so cute! Great job, Antonio!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this and the and the name of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great book review! I love this idea. :)

    ReplyDelete